About Panerai

In 1860, Giovanni Panerai opened his watch shop and watchmaking school in the “Ponte alle Gracie” in Florence.

Panerai became official suppliers of the Italian Navy, not only for watches but also other precision instruments. 

In 1935 Panerai patented the Radiomir, featuring an in-house developed radium-based lume to make the dials of light brighter in underwater conditions. In 1949, the name “Luminor” was registered.

Due to the worldwide economic and political crisis that begun in 1992, Officine Panerai, launched three collections for the civilian market: 44 mm Luminor and Luminor Marina and the 42 mm Mare Nostrum chronograph.

Go to Top